Ross D. Secler
Ross D. Secler began his legal career after with many years of guidance and inspiration from his grandfather, Arnold F. Block, who was a Chicago Assistant Corporation Counsel, an Assistant to former Congressman, Edward Finnegan, an Assistant State’s Attorney, and attorney at the Cook County Election Department. Mr. Secler also continues to work closely with his mother, Gloria E. Block, a distinguished member of the Illinois Bar. From his experience and background, Mr. Secler prides himself on being able to see the “big picture” in order to distill the most effective, objective strategy in order to achieve the best results for his clients.
Mr. Secler has quickly worked to develop his legal practice specializing in offering clients representation and counsel through strategic, legal, and regulatory frameworks governing political campaigns, campaign finance compliance, legislative advocacy, and elections at the local, state and federal levels. Ross’s representation includes a statewide slate of candidates, judicial candidates, municipal aldermanic campaigns, county-wide candidates, US Senate and Congressional campaigns, and a US Presidential Campaign (including preparing and organizing the necessary forms for pledged Delegates to the National Nominating Convention). Ross has experience both prosecuting and defending objections to nominating petitions at the administrative, circuit court, and appellate levels and has represented a number of clients before the Illinois State Board of Elections in matters related to campaign finance compliance. Ross has also assisted in the preparation of a Discovery Recount.
Additionally, Mr. Secler’s experience extends to representing both buyers and sellers in real estate transactions. Mr. Secler has developed strong relationships with Real Estate Agents and Title Companies and strives to give personalized attention to each client from contract to closing while keeping in mind the need to remain as cost-effective as possible. Mr. Secler’s practice also extends to probate and general civil litigation matters.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Secler worked with a non-profit advocacy group in Washington D.C. and the Illinois Senate Democrats. Mr. Secler has also worked directly on a number of political campaigns candidates running for Congress, the Illinois General Assembly, and the City of Chicago.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, JD cum laude, 2013
- Certificate in International & Comparative Law
- Vis (East) International Commercial Arbitration Moot, honorable mention
- Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, Brief Writer
- Colgate University, BA cum laude and departmental honors distinction, 2010
- Illinois State Bar
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association – Election Law Committee – Vice Chair
- Chicago Bar Association – Legislative Committee – Member
- Decalogue of Society of Lawyers
[quform id=”2″ name=”Contact Us”]